Benefits of becoming a Run England group leader
There are many benefits of becoming an Official Run England Group:
- Your group is promoted through the Run England Group Finder map and other channels
- Your group members gain confidence in knowing that you are a licenced leader with an officially recognised group
- You are able to use the Run England Registered Group logo on material associated with your group
- You can download useful resources from the Group Leader section of the Run England website
- We will send you our regular eLeader newsletter which goes out exclusively to Run England group leaders to give you information, advice and support and make you aware of opportunities available to you as a Group Leader
- From time to time we will also offer your additional training and development opportunities and Group Leader discounts
We'll help you to support and encourage your group members
It is worth encouraging your group members to become individual members of Run England. This will see them gaining the benefits of individual membership. Our communications with them will underline the benefits of them being a part of your official Run England group. They can join here.
You must have a valid coaching licence, normally in the Leadership in Running Fitness qualification, including an up to date DBS Check to be a group leader and you must ensure your licence remains up to date.
The following qualifications are all valid: LiRF (or previous Jog Leader/Fitness in Running and Walking qualifications), Athletics Coach, Coach in Running Fitness, Level 2 Endurance, or an endurance running based Level 3 or Level 4 UKA coaching qualification. The coaching licence must be valid and current including an up to date DBS check.
You can view our Run England Group Leader Best Practice document here.